domingo, 24 de diciembre de 2017

My Mother, My Child | The Indian Express

My Mother, My Child | The Indian Express

My Mother, My Child

In a hospital ward, a daughter learns lessons in life and mortality as her mother battles cancer.

Written by Shilpa Raina | Published: December 24, 2017 12:00 am
mother, child, mother child, mother child relationship, cancer, AIIMS Delhi, myeloma, bone marrow cancer, chemotherapy, oncology, indian express, indian express news
Any form of suffering makes us believe that we are the worst off.(Illustration: Subrata Dhar)

My friend drew a perfect analogy when she described the place that was going to be my temporary home as the Bigg Boss house. I smiled at the irony of the situation but also found a brief relief in it — looking at the immediate reality in a lighter vein was the only option to get past this period. Three pairs of cotton clothes, a few utensils, some woollens, three novels and my laptop were all that I was allowed to carry with me during the stipulated three-week stay. With just these, I accompanied Ma to the Stem Cell Transplant Unit at AIIMS, Delhi, on a Sunday morning and swerved our ties temporarily with the outside world.

No hay comentarios: